PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New routes for Bristols new extension
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2005, 21:45
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GrahamK, admittedly on pprunne NCL vs MME tends to be more banter than outright hostility, maybe due to the posters on here tending to be well educated and well informed people, or is that just the impression I get
On other aviation forums though, that I have come across and I might add that I don't take part in, the NCL people tend to belittle MME and are down right rude and act as if they haven't grown out of short trousers. They seem think MME is some sort of toy town airport. This has occasionaly been said on here, these people who say these things probably do not work in aviation or are not well informed on the activities at MME. These people tend to only read passenger numbers and little else, they forget about all other traffic and activities that take place at airports.
NCL people also tend to forget that MME is sandwiched betwwen NCL and LBA where as NCL only has EDI which is quite a distance from NCL.
My attitude is NCL and MME are benifits to the North East region as a whole, it's just ashame MME doesn't get it fair share of passengers. It just ashame that other people can't see this.