PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay As You Dine has emptied the Dining Room(Of diners)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 18:12
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Contractorisation is all very well in limited areas - in many its considerably worse. Who honestly thinks that the current phone system is any good (or cheaper). PAYD is similarly inappropriate. If we had entirely self catering accom then fine but we seem to want to mix service traditions and mess life with some ill-conceived and unworkable system.

Someone above quoted more flexible meal times and less than fresh food towards the end of meal times - in my experience PAYD is no different. Meal times are not any longer because its all done on the cheap. Late meals are a thing of the past - contractors do not stay late on request (or orders). I've gone from home base to a PAYD mess a missed the meal time - no meal, no rates to cover either. And why does my 2 night det cost me £8 plus when the other bloke's costs something like 44p in a normal mess. And if it was claimable where's the saving over the original system.

Rant off.