PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 24th Aug 2005, 16:21
flap2equality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Metch,
I have trained with heli-flight reicently and found them to be a very friendly and proffesional outfit.
I see you are from bristol, so am i, so if you would like a first hand one on one talk then PM me and i will give you contact details.

There seems to be a lot of whinging on here from many kiwi's i can only hope these are not people i trained with, allthough i suspect so.
For my two pence, If you are of the get up and go variety then you will do very well with heli-flight, if you are of the laid back or plain LAZY variety (like some were (2 years on and still no CPL)) then you are likely to be overlooked by the instructors and rightly so, I personally self studied for all but NAV and passed all first time, I also did my 152 Hrs in 9 months, so by no means are you 'just another number'.
The instructors were very knowledgeable and helpful, and i can give them nothing but praise.

Some people seem to have problems with heli-flight and i suspect that they are the previously mentioned LAZY variety,
and before i get a sl**ing, NO just cos i was a private student did not mean i got preferential treatment, i was just pro active about it. Like skidbiter123 said, just be there all the time you can learn alot that way.

Thats enough from me for now.
PS Skidbiter123, tell me whats going on, did canada not work out, are you going for your c cat?

F2E