PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 13:18
SecurID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy ATSU, if I was moderating this, you'd be out on your ear mate!

Racial discrimination is not being hinted at other than by you. Cultural diffences aside, there are significant, sorry SIGNIFICANT!!! differences between the licencing standards, operational standards and behavioural standards of different states. I believe that is what is being alluded to here. Not race, creed or colour, but good ol' fashioned licencing standards and flying background.

If you have worked hard for your ATPL, been awarded it by a reputable authority. Have flown a decent number of hours on decent equipment on world wide routes witha well regulated airline. You have a good general attitude. You enjoy your time at work and behave like a decent human being, you are a team player, you believe that you are a member of the crew, just like the most junior grade 2, that you have no 'chips' on your shoulders. When I see your name on my roster, You make me look forward to spending 14 hours in a flightdeck with you and you do not have 'unsociable hygiene standards.' Then I do not care if you are a one-armed Uzbekhistani with a different coloured skin and funny shaped eyes. I do not care what accent you have, I do not care what your religious beliefs are and I do not care whether you are able to do my job tomorrow. The fact that I have absolute trust and faith in you is ALL I CARE ABOUT WHEN YOU ARE MY PARTNER!!

Ruserious, I think you know which side of the fence I firmly stand.

Rant over and standing by for incoming....