PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Aug 2005, 06:45
ATSU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRIMOTOR & RINGADINGDING

I suspect that my Pprune contributory career will come to an end with this post. It has to be said that the intellectual level of discussion by some of the EK pilots is rather low. Bit surprising really considering that most of the contributors appear to come from places "where excellence in aviation standards" are truly "bywords". My only question is how much did those words cost you?

This is a rumour network but occassionally a little fact would really be appreciated. TRIMOTOR tells us that training failure rates have increased. Is that as a percentage or in overall numbers? Where is he getting his information? I am not disputing what he has asserted because I have no data and wouldn't know where to get it except maybe at one of the local pubs. Hopefully none of the trainers are cut from the same cloth as RINGADINGDING & TRIMOTOR. If any are could this be a partial explanation for the those increased failure rates that we have just been told about?

To any potential applicants might I suggest that you spend a little money and come to Dubai possibly before completing the application. The information you receive here can be somewhat prejudiced. Nothing beats seeing things with your own eyes it might not be for you and then again it might be.

To my former co-contributers I am really sorry that when you look to the right or left on the flight deck these days you are no longer just looking in the mirror. The world has moved on and I respectfully suggest that you stay in front of the aircraft. Rumour has it that EK is now accepting applications from places other than those centre of aviation excellence Australia, New Zealand, the UK and Western Europe.

Wait a bit had an idea!

Dearest wife bring an old white sheet (company provided of course) and sharp scissors!
#1 son (got to start them early you know) commence cutting eyeholes!

Hmmm just think of the uniform cost saving.

Going to the numbers.

ATSU out.