PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Autoland
Thread: Autoland
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2005, 05:57
ZAGORFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crew incapacitation

Thank you for your very valuable comment.

The modern aviation is a fascinating science more I learn more I’m riveting myself into.
All the possible hazards have been secured by redundancy system. Nowadays computers double check each other against double or triple “electronic incapacitation” How come “Human “double incapacitation can still wipe out such safety measures?

I understand that different area/nationalities have different standard thus different approach to the training and safety but I earthly sympathize with that crew and passengers that went unconscious. I figure myself in that tragic event when nobody (apparently or eventually) reacted to any descend maneuver initiation for minutes before running out Oxygen without even recognize the pending tragic ending.

Such serious emergency without any human/electronic correction reaction could be easily be detected by stand by system offering to those dormant travelers more time to react /communicate regaing control bringing the aircraft down to a safe IRS position area of safe holding pattern navigation.

Nowadays as you know we tend to fly high (often at the limit of the coffin corner) to save fuel risking 20 sec.T.U.C. (FL40) or 10 sec in case of rapid decompression.
I am confident 200% on today procedures and safety equipments that allow me to survive the rare event of decompression however this tragic incident shows me that there ar area of safety that still can be implemented.