Old 24th Aug 2005, 01:57
bonvol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going Boeing,

This from a 2003 post

'LPG & AIPA
JetsBest

HISTORY:

When QF acquired Impulse I with another TC from the Pulse had a meeting with CM in his apartment next to South Bank.
We asked him if we could join AIPA.
He said "not possible at this stage"
We went to meet the AIPA pres to work with QF, not against them.

We also had a few discussions with the AFAP but to align with them was to give us no say within the QF group.

So the IPG was formed."

The point is AIPA was asleep at the wheel when an LCC was mooted. Not possible = take a hike in my book and was interpreted that way by the friends I have in Jetstar.

Remember the Botany meeting? Talk of a line in the sand and all that to secure the flying for mainline. What happened, nothing ..as usual.

There is also a post by Keg somewhere in here when he asked the Pres about the prudence of keeping the Jetstar blokes at arms length. I can't remember the exact question or reply but it was in the negative to proceed down the path of including Jetstar pilots in AIPA. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

For Transition Layer. I dont think the Jetstar blokes can grow a backbone. They know to resist the company push is to invite oblivion. I think they figure they may not earn megadollars but at least they have a job. Not that I necessarily agree with this thinking .