PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Happenings (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 23:09
MancRy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My last post (hopefully) on the topic of city size. As someone has pointed out, Trafford is in Manchester The reason why Manchester appears so small in terms of population is that they are based on the Manchester City Council boundaries, which is a relatively small area, and is like the city of London as someone again mentioned.
I live in Manchester and love the city but i am no Manc. I actually come from Barnsley which is just up the road from Sheffield and no way is it larger than Manchester.

Whatever, BHX is also losing out from BA's ignorance towards the regions. MAN is a fantastic airport from my point of view and peoples perceptions are actually greater of it. People come into work and are genuinely shocked that there isn't a direct flight to Rio, Tokyo or wherever they may need to get to such is that perception. I am not sayin MAN could sustain such services necassarily but it goes to show what people think operates out of there. Little do they know that increasingly it's becoming difficult to get to certain EUROPEAN destinations.
My point is though that i have been a travel agent for two years and so feel qualified to comment on demand for certain routes or services and believe BA are making a mistake.

Last edited by MancRy; 24th Aug 2005 at 00:37.