PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi - Work For Them Or Not ????
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 14:00
alexWarsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for response as it gaves me a great sight into subject.

Working so many years in the air transportation industry I respect all my colleagues from any airlines both charter and scheduled ones. I just respect all kinds of Flight Attendant types and their threads.

As you know, I am not satisfied with cc job with LOT Polish Airlines which I have been doing for over 8 years, and not only because of money I earn, but also because of the whole situation with the company, the way our management treats us.

As I really like my job and I think I am good at it (I am not showing off, believe me) I would love to share my knowledge and experience with any other great airline and simultaneously learn from them.
But the main problem is, that I am not UK citizen and that's why UK airlines don't accept me, no matter my EU national rights (that's what BA did last week)
For you - UK nationals or UK permanent residents already living in UK it is not a problem (or meybe a less complicated one) to move to another city) and fly from those destinations to the base one.
But I have to make a right choice, as I move to another country (I do not complain, I would love to, but to the permanent employer, and under clear work conditions, I hope you understand me....)
that's why I asked for your advice about BMI, which I have always regarded as great one. But I am not arro-minded and i know that there are more airlines which accept (theoretically) my experience and i would like to choose the best one or ones to apply to.
I am not afraid of hard work, I am doing it in LOT too (hope you won't experience similar), but I would like to be sure that I made a right choice regarding my new salary and career path.

Anyway, I decided to send BMI application off and apply easyjet (for their senior cabin crew fast track proccess).
I believe in you....
and wait for your advices....