PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gate Gourmet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 12:20
Charlie32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly as an exec member of many years standing, I must say that someone should consider prosecuting Gate "Gourmet" under the trades description act. The Business class food is amongst the worst I have encountered.

Secondly I find myself on the one hand sympathising with BAs present predicament, having been held to ransom and having been subjected to illegal and completely unjustifiable secondary strike action.

However, I also believe that to a very large extent, they are vcitims of their own corporate greed, in having outsourced an element of their business which is central to their image as a full service carrier.

Whilst I have to date stuck with BA over this difficult period, (and to be fair been credited with a big chunk of BA airmiles for having done so), I must warn them that my patience and that of other regulars is limited. I could tolerate the loss of my translatlantic done to death filet steak, but I would struggle without the bar which is generally pretty good.

Maybe it is time for big corporations like BA to start taking back responsibility for its own services. As a paying customer, my contract is with BA not GG. I am getting increasingly fed up with the excuse, that its not our fault due ATC, Airport authority, baggage handler catere etc etc over whom we have no control. GET CONTROL!!