PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Mh Captains To Ek First Officers
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2005, 01:37
MR. Login

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brianigham,

You are not far from the truth there. Someone once said, in the course of migration, only the strongest ones make it. You can see the proof of that through the globalization of the English language, culture, way of life, etc. through the course of a thousand years and in particular the last three hundred years.

We have seen the Americas, Africa, Asia and Australia colonised and how strong and powerful the western world has been and still is.

We must be strong, resilient, entrepreneurial, have a strong sense of adventure, high spirited and require every ounce of positiveness to be successful in a hostile but rewarding environment.

Today, all that bothers us from relocating to EK is...missing family members and friends. What other hardship? There's plenty of food and water, money, and if you really miss home, you can go home or fly them over for not much money (with your ID90), and it is only a few hours away. Family members, in turn get to experience a worthwhile overseas trip while bringing over the dried fish, sambals and other beautiful Malaysian food. Off load some satay from MAS. Yumm. No need for Indian food because, the Indian food here is great!!

It is not a big deal anymore. Students go overseas for a couple of years at a time without going home but we seem to have that problem. All this missing business is a weak trait and have to be dealt with. You have to come to terms with it yourself. I'm not taking a shot at you but just mention it in general.

I have been away for a few years now and pleased to report that all is well. I can afford a nice V8 Merc, some investment properties, great holidays and able to send my kids to a wonderful private school. I get to go back to KL whenever I wish and it's just a hop and a skip away. Apalagi mau? Many years ago I used to travel on the train for nearly a day going from KL-Gemas-Trengganu. Today it's a piece of pie.

I miss the good old days of course when as crew, we took care of each other quite well. There was a strong sense of "family" both between tech-tech and tech-cabin crew which made it worthwhile. Every trip was a blast.

That all started to change when Camel took over and brought the house down with his sledge hammer, RMC style, while sucking up to 019. Still the same now I hear.

How much longer are you guys going to wait? I know co pilots especially are waiting for their command before pishsing off, but some have waited for a long long time already. So you guys would wait for command and then give it up to join EK? Doesn't make sense.

Take a deep breath and take that jump! Make it happen. The real traitors here are those prihkss running MAS. They rort the system, rape and plunder with no feeling of shame.