PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero to CPL and FI: Cost in UK (Merged)
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 16:51
jemax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hold by statement about the states, I intend to fly in the UK for a while so wanted to build my experience here, you also have to factor in accomodation.

However a mate did go out there hooked up with the right people and has a plum job in Equador now, it's just my opinion. People say it's cheap there about £100 sterling self fly per hour, well best I was quoted here was £135 ex vat so choice is yours. Can be fun though I hear, oh and of course visiting the Robbo factory for the safety course is a must if you are over there.

Also R44 rating is not so much, if you consider the comparitive price vs self hire of a 22 which you'll have to do hour building anyway. £300 vs £150 for 5 hours and it helped me get about 15 R44 hours subsidised afterward and a type rating.

Ref hooking up with the mate we split the flying and did much longer flights, e.g first time across the channel together, over to Northern Ireland, plus it's a bit of company for a beer for the overnight stop.

Boomerangben, I have done my research ref N Sea, but appreciate the challenge and learning it involves.

Oh just to clear up it's 206 flying hours total not a 206 rating, I wish!

Last edited by jemax; 22nd Aug 2005 at 17:41.