PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modern Training erroding pilot skills
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 13:43
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
toomuchradiations

It's all about money The training set ups are all making far more money from the integrated students so that they can afford to offer a deal that compensates the airline if the pilot that they have sent is not up to the job after six sim details.

The deal is simple the training companys only take the people that they think will be a low training risk , charge them a bit over the top to cover the odd one who fails the airline sim. Add to this some sort of tax deal that the airlines get (I've not got to the bottom of that one yet) it all adds up to a money thing.

I should think that the integrated students would do better at the exams as to cut down on the risk to the traininng companys they are in a full time training enviroment the modular student has to balance his training with a job that is paying for the training.

On the whole the modular student has a much harder time getting the CPL/IR and tend to be more commited.

As the company that I work for has just gone down the "integrated" recrutment path it will be interesting to see if we get people who have some hand flying skill or a magenta line kindergarden and I will do my best to keep an open mind untill this is proven one way or the other but I would much rather the FO sitting next to me had done 700 hours instructing or glider tugging before setting out for an airline job.