PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Takeover bid for Virgin Blue
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 12:56
OhForSure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of what happens, there are obvious changes ahead for Virgin. Personally I see them transforming into a more Ansett like carrier, albeit with far lower operating costs. It most certainly seems as if DJ have come full circle on their low cost plans... everything is being talked about in terms of service now. Virgin seems to be wading in an upper market low cost carrier region at the moment... can't quite compete with Jetstar, nor with Qantas.

I think most importantly somebody needs to decide what Virgin is going to be. As I recall one of the most fundamental elements of a business is it's business model... does Virgin have one at the moment? Low cost national carrier one minute... dives into the NZ market the next... only to have Corrigan say he wants to refocus on Aussie... talk of business class... does Sir Richard still wanna go long haul.... all this talk of different directions for the business... but where is the future planning?

I have the utmost confidence in DJ succeeding, but one must wonder what on earth the future holds in store for them at the moment.

Just my 2 bob.