PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From zero to CPL and FI: Cost in UK (Merged)
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 10:25
jemax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a hedgetrimmer with more grunt than a R22! Although even had to cancel Gardening work today cos of weather, and could do with the money!

Maddy, Ref Full time study, I have spoken to people who have done full time and got on well with it, but generally it's a minimum of nine months and leaves less flexibility for hour building. I was able to hour build at the drop of a hat when circumstances or aircraft availability allow, I believe it costs more too especially if you need to uproot to do the course.

Each to their own, some prefer classroom, I hadn't studied seriously since 18, but part of the reason I packed in my previous career was because I wasn't learning anything, so I found the learning fun.

Plus none of the ground school is really difficult, a few bits make you wonder until you get to the two week brush up, but they tend to clear up when they go through them, be aware there is a big volume of work. I can't overestimate the imortance of the on line question bank, there was a big difference in the brush up between those who had done it and those who hadn't.

Good luck