PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Mh Captains To Ek First Officers
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 10:11
tigerwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, first of all I would like to congrat MH pilots for achieving 25/60 increment.....after you sign on the dotted line of course. Secondly, my question is. Would MAS offer such a deal if not due to the people left MH in big number? Hello MH guys. Look back many years ago where non of MH guys thinking of leaving. What do you get everytime the M of U expired? 1.5% plus 11 ringgit. Look back before year 2000. What kind of pay increment/s were there everytime the new M of U signed.

So, in all fairness, those guys that have left did you guys back there a big favor. whether you like it or not, it's the fact. The nature of business forced MH to take serious thinking in retaining pilots. How many of you would think of leaving if these 25/60 doesn't come into the picture. Plenty I heard....

Yes, many left because of financial reason and some for other reason( ie. command opportunity, etc..). Nevertheless, they made it, bringing good name of the nation to the other parts of the world. But what was MH guy back home called them? "TRAITOR". Is it right? Ask yourself. I have many ex-air force guys in MH. Do I call them traitor to King and Country? Why not? What do they get for flying the F5 or Caribou or C130? 900 ringgit as their flying allowance...and how much do get after jumping into the MH cockpit; of course some still flying with their glove on one hand.

worth it? yes, for those who have left and for those still in MH.

Last edited by tigerwood; 22nd Aug 2005 at 10:24.