PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA charging scheme consultation - responses
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 08:55
G-KEST

Awesome but Affordable

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Devil

BEagle,
I fully expected an effective response from AOPA(UK) and cast no aspersions in their direction. I was a member for probably 30 years but when my heart problem in 1999 removed my aviation medical along with my FI, FE and FIE ratings I no longer qualified for the reduced AOPA membership. As the co-owner of a PFA permit Skybolt and an NPPL it is the PFA who I now regard as my principal representative body along with the HAA, the DeHMC and the RAeS.
It is however essential that all of us accept the opportunity offered by the Group Director SRG in our personal position as "stakeholders" to get a response off before the deadline in a fortnights time. Volume of responses will certainly have a huge influence on the outcome. Just look at the effect it had on the retreat from the original leaked JRT draft ideas when the outraged UK airshow community inundated the system including enlisting the aid of MP's.
Cheers,
Trapper 69

PS - My efforts did not cost anyone money but it did take a fair slice of a couple of months of my personal time in retirement. In the interest of assisting others with time constraints I posted my personal response in the hope that some of my ideas would help. Judging by the posts here and on other forums it seems to have been a success. We shall see.