PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet
Thread: Ozjet
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 05:08
Legal_Counsel

Lend me your ears.

Sorry Howard Hughes, what do you mean by that? To date I think I have been pretty spot on in picking up which way Ozjet will go.

The key changes will be:

1. Ozjet will change its offering to a 2 class 84 seat domestic shuttle between Adelaide and Melbourne to ensure it gets it F1 benefit both ways. It will abandon Melbourne - Sydney and Adelaide-Sydney as these markets are not sustainable for their own reasons. The Adelaide-Melbourne sector has sustainable advantage for the race oriented concept and fleet size will be limited to four aircraft for this sector running at 2 hour intervals.

2. To enhance connectivity to the Adelaide hub, the airline will start services to Perth and Darwin.

3. To achieve support from the SA Government it will operate regional shuttles out of Adelaide to improve commerce connections.

Basically this would hub and spoke Ozjet in Adelaide.

Ozjet could use Melbourne as a maintenance base although if it intends to use the BAe146s of former Ansett then that might be better handled by National Jet in Adelaide. Or it could use both, but I would imagine that this would be cost prohibitive.

I think its owners need to find an amicable solution for Ozjet. Continual press announcements leave some people wondering whether it is serious because most would know after the owner's effort in the Melbourne Grand Prix some people would treat these antics as a joke. I think people have basically concluded this animal probably wont fly and if it does, not for long.

Let's see who is right Howard Hughes. Pitt street has a pretty good ear.