PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF A330 Emergency landing Kansai
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2005, 04:15
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
travel thickness,

"Remember QF 1 BKK?.....a pure example of the swiss cheese principal."

Are you suggesting that the 744 is a "Hyundai of the skies" as well or is it more of a Combi-van or Tarago...the A330 is designed to a newer certification standard than the 767 and 747, it has met and exceeded those standards.

How one airline makes a fit out for an aircraft type, cannot be used to make a safety case for the aircraft. It has been mentioned elsewhere that a number of deficiencies in the procurement of the A330 were made, you cannot blame Airbus for delivering the aircraft to the customer specification contracted.

I noticed you have amended your previous posts from
"Cost cutting =no language speaker=very poor customer service."
to
"Cost cutting =no language speaker=very poor customer safety."

If you believe strongly that safety has been compromised, have you made a written report of the same ? If yes, what was the feedback you received ?

On a personal note, I have flown with Perth based crew as pax, as well as east coast long haul crews, the "service" I have received as a passenger, and attention to safety details in my view when as a pax seemed higher from the Perth based crews.

If you have safety concerns, technical crew, ground staff, and you managers will back you up 150%. If you try and push safety as a wheel barrow for EBA and IR reasons (e.g. only Australian long haul crews should do international sectors), don’t expect the same level of support here or elsewhere.