PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Orange Hair-brained scheme
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2005, 22:14
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Imm...man

Sorry, can't spell that without looking back...

You are an exception..in the EU, they are sponsoring pilots right out of in abitio tng into the RHS of a commercial airliner...

Great for the new pilots, however I earned my bones by getting hired (after 10 yrs AF but not a pilot..ATC) with 2240 hrs (remember the old GI Bill?) into the RHS of a BE-99/BE-1900.

I gained a further 2800 hrs in the back seat of a B-727 before moving to the RHS...after my airline went t1ts-up I typed myself in the 727 and 737 and sought work overseas, where I had a wonderful career...

And I repeat, in the twilight of my career, I thouroughly enjoy sitting in the RHS and letting someone else do the driving...

To clairify, at my airline, this situation normally occurs when the rostered F/O calls in sick or is stuck in traffic or whatever...it is not a normal practice...

However I can assure you that when this does happen I am usually senior to the rostered Captain, and HE/SHE are the A/C, not I....

I still feel it is not a safety issue, if the RHS "Captain" has been around the block enough times, and if you don't believe me, ask 411...DI3G

PS...where have you been, 411A?...