PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alexandair
Thread: Alexandair
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2005, 11:05
StygerTim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still seeking info re Alexandair, so I can brief relations who suffered delay plus lost baggage. Their holiday company was Olympic.

Bad news re this airline continues to mount in the North West : see below from Manchester Evening News. It's airlines like this that get the business a bad name.

Thanks

StygerTim

Comment on Manchester Evening News online forum

Arrived at Manchester airport at 7.30am to board a flight operated by Alexandair.Turned away at the airport with a letter stating that the holiday had been cancelled.No alternatives given.Not told that there had previously been any problems despite the fact that people had been delayed siknce Thursady and had to be put up in hotels ( 60 hour delays).Not happy Won't get another holiday until next year.
k parker, ormskirk
20/08/2005 at 17:10

I was on the flight at Gatwick that the airplane picked up after Manchester. We had exactly the same but waited 51hrs! I have just got another plane home after going to the airport to come home and the same thing happened again!!! The other passengers are still in the airport. The reps had shut the office and gone so we were left stranded outside Heraklion airport with our luggage and no information.
Tracy Vaughan, Brighton
20/08/2005 at 09:04

We to had a nightmare journey with this airline back in May. Both outward journey and inbound journey's were delayed. Coming back from Kos we were delayed 12 hours, with again no information or correspondance. We wrote to Sunstar who conveniently lost the letter. I vowed I would never fly with this airline again! The air stewards on the flight home were the most obnoxious group of people I have ever come across and one stewardess even had a broken arm! This airline needs to stay on the ground for good, before we see it on the news with fatalities.
Kirsty, Paul & Callum, Staffordshire
18/08/2005 at 19:24

we waited 67 hours to fly from kos to manchester no imformation was given as to why we were delayed no rep was available we were just told there would be an update every 4 hours when we eventually arrived at the airport nobody knew anything about the alexandair flight to manchester it was the worst holiday of my life and would not recommend sunstar or alexandair...
kipper, manchester
18/08/2005 at 18:20

I understand this airline has now been grounded by Greek Aviation Authorities :

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/forum...hp/t-2627.html

Further info appreciated.

Correction :
http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/forum...=9494#post9494

Doesn\'t look good, coming on the heels of Helios tragedy.
Perhaps Greek Aviation Authorities have got nervous.