PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ Blocking Link Pilots Employment
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2005, 09:09
Tutaewera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Haka bound?

Like Tutai (didn't know someone had a user name so close to my own!). I left Air NZ Link many years ago when there was no movement in the industry. Adding to that decision was the low pay, high taxes, and the nastiest industry politics I have seen anywhere which saw people fighting over positions which in reality were not worth a damn by world stds. (Old aircraft, low pay, nasty employers etc).

I agree the world has far better opportunties than in NZ, just look how many Kiwis fly for CX, Emirates etc... Like Tutai I am way ahead of where I would have been had I stayed.

But I can empathise with "El Oso" that it is sad to have to leave ones own country (And IMHO one of these nicest places to live you could find - vouched for by the number of foreign CPT's I know trying to emigrate there for retirement).

For the reality is once you leave Air NZ and hit 40 you are probably not ever going to work there again.

My sympathies if Air NZ is up to its old tricks again. Seemed very unfair at the time. Seeing many top operators sidelined while some of the less desirable of the industry got the plum jobs.

To quote the Toyota hilux ad "bugger"!