PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2005, 15:51
1DC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Came back from LAX to LHR in TWA many moons ago and their seemed to be more celebs in first than mere mortals, they were all going to the Cannes film festival. I've forgotton the names of most of them but even though we had a three hour delay and stayed on the plane, everyone was well behaved. The delay was due to a fuel tank switching problem and we eventually offloaded most of the cargo and flew with the problem. Extensive personal briefing from the Captain about it, maybe he just wanted to talk to the celebs. Sylvester Stallone had the single first seat in the middle and after take off he put some eyeshades on and growled call me before we get there, and zonked out (often wonder if he took anything). Steven Spielberg had a seat at the front and was very charming to a young girl making her first flight who had been upgraded to first and sat next to him. I sat next Carol Baker and she was absolutely charming, a really nice person.She boarded the plane in an old dress and woolen cardigan and didn't look like a film star, she said it had worked because nobody had recognised her. About half an hour before arrival she picked up a big carrier bag and went to the loo, ten minutes later she returned in a nice dress and shoes and looked a million dollars. I commented on the change and she replied if people in my business can't do it who can??
One thing I noticed at Heathrow was the way they seemed to form up in order of seniority for the photographer and reporter as we were walking to immigration.