PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow??
Thread: Heathrow??
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2005, 11:43
Speedbird48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks for your responses folks.

I was wondering where I had gone wrong as as trip from one side of an airport to the other should not be that difficult?? But, now I know it is intentionally made that way by the rip off artists at the airport shopping center (BAA). It is so obvious that the BAA have no idea of the havoc that their clever ideas cause.

The bus was fine and the driver tried to be as helpful as he could but the system stinks. He even helped unload the bags. The point about congestion is an interesting one but perhaps the BAA can't see the mess, in front of their noses, between Terminal 2 and 3?? That took 20 minutes for the bus to negotiate.

Next time, if there is one, we will not be doing it the same way.

As for the $26 per person breakfast!!! Words fail me. I also note that the Renaissance carefully avoids displaying a breakfast menu at the door, with the price. Once in you are caught. There was, however, the previous evenings dinner menu, displayed, although I didn't see a price and probably couldn't take the wallet shock. I could always have walked out but with the possibility of a lack of food on BA, (proven to be correct) we needed something. substantial. So next time (IF?) we will take your learned advice and wait until the terminal.

Regards & Thanks.

Speedbird 48.