PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest Orange Hair-brained scheme
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2005, 09:21
You Gimboid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just out of interest - are the Capt's flying RHS going to practice low-vis ops from the RHS?

If cross-seat flying will be a regular occurrence this winter that could be a significant safety issue.

I think the supporters of this proposal (which for easyJet is nothing more than a cock-eyed "get out of jail free" card for the mismanagement of pilot recruitment) should remember that in undercrewed bases this will not be a one-off occurrence.

Additionally, comparing it to swapping seats on promotion is pointless. Promotion involves a high level of motivation to adapt to another perspective, combined with a sense of permanence in the move. The practice outlined here is demotivating, repeatable but not permenent, and all because the company thought it could save a couple of bob by delaying 737 F/O recruitment.

I am sincerely sorry for my former colleagues in EZY that in addition to the chronic roster disruption they now have to be dicked around whichever seat they will be sitting in as well. As for the poor bloke(ss) in the LHS who has to do 4-6 sectors as PF for upwards of 11 hours - I can't believe that anyone is sticking up for this stupid, stupid idea.