PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPRuNe Return to Popham Fly-In 29 August.
Old 19th Aug 2005, 17:46
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
I had to drop by Popham this afternoon. Spoke to Dick Richardson (the airfield manager), he's very happy to have us there on the 29th.

He's agreed to waive landing fees for Pprune visitors, but "suggests" a £5 donation per aircraft to the Bader foundation (which is a charity supporting flying scholarships for the disabled).

Assuming that I can get the *(&**(() booking website to work, which it's reluctant to do today, I'll probably be arriving in the mighty Thruster, but without Aerbabe who seems to be indisposed elsewhere.

G

By the way, B&Bs...

The only local one I know of is the Dove in Micheldever Station, about 2 miles from the airfield. I can speak highly of their beer, but have never tried the rooms. 01962 774288

Theres a corporate pub with rooms called the Wheatsheaf about a mile down the A30 towards Basingstoke (walkable, just!), which is overpriced but convenient. 01256 398282

Some neighbours of mine run a B&B about 10 miles away which has a good reputation, East Manor House in Abbotts Ann, tel. 01264-710031. Im going home via another airfield, but could give you a lift back to Popham from there in the morning if you need it. (And Davids an ex-Lightning pilot, so potential for good war stories!).

There are a few others listed on Pophams website, but I dont know anything of them.

G

Last edited by Genghis the Engineer; 19th Aug 2005 at 18:09.