PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATCOs to wear shirt and tie
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2005, 08:30
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respect for myself: plenty, thank you.

ebenezer:

I'd rather choose (c) I dress as I want to, not as you tell me.

That's having a lot of self respect and giving the others a hint on what will happen if they don't respect me. A bit of a laugh from your side won't make me change my mind. I'd be pretty weak -mentally- if I did. And who is worse: someone who doesn't care on fashion statements or someone who has prejudices on how ppl dresses? I do iron my T-shirts and jeans too. And they don't advert any bar...the one I wear today reads "scuba divers do it deeper". Fair enough I ain't one but they deserve some ad -it's difficult to get chicks underwater, me recons-.

Btw, I do think that "dressing just like the others do" is the stupid thing to do -except when there are good reasons for it like in the army, navy, etc...-. And if you try to argue that I'm doing that by wearing jeans...I don't find'em that comfy but they're better -in that aspect- than suits and you don't get many choices unfortunately. In the east they don't give a toss about ads on tv and what is fashionable or not and it shows -try the pyjamas, now that's comfy-. But where to buy'em here? no chance.

Gone for brunch now,
A.