PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Low cost and recent incidents!
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2005, 07:13
rubik101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Have the introduction of the LoCo model reduced the general safety in our industry because of less down time on our aircraft, increased working hours for the crew, more pressure on the crew, worse working conditions, poorer relations between crew and management, and in some cases, a rather foggy relationship between the airlines and the overseeing authorities:

YES!"
Less down time?.................almost all of EJ and RYANAIR aircraft are on the ground overnight, giving ample time for maintenance. Most of BA's or any other long-haul carriers aircraft fly on an almost continuous basis between checks. So wrong on that one.
Increased working hours?.............Flight and duty hours at EJ are exactly the same as any other airline in UK, including BA. So wrong again.
More pressure on the crew?.....................How do you quantify pressure? Oh to be at BA right now with all those hungry pax!
worse working conditions?..................my cockpit is pretty much the nicest place to work I can imagine!
poorer relations?.........................again, how do you quantify and justify such a statement. When you've been in the industry as long as I have, you will see that nothing much changes in the long term. The cheese board has gone but so what?
How many times will some ill informed and sensation seeking poster begin yet another thread asking the same dumb question?
Low Cost =Low safety................absolute rubbish.