PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 19th Aug 2005, 06:23
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was looking for an appartment, here the figures I finded
What year were you looking ?, 1995 or earlier.

In TPE, between 25.000 - 35.000 NT$ for an house on western standard, add 10.000 if you want to be in Tienmou area (near the international schools),
I've lived in Taipei and rented two different apartments. I was also just in Taiwan for three weeks and looked at the for rent ads in the China News. There is no way you can get a place up to a " western standard " for the above quoted prices. NT 25,000 per month will get you a furnished one bedroom or studio in a decent area new the Sungshan Airport, say Minsheng East Road, Section 3,4, or 5. A furnished two bedroom, that you wouldn't consider living in in the States or Australia would run about NT 35,000 per month. Decent places to a " western standard " would cost over NT 50,000 per month. In Tienmu you would need to be in the 60,000 to 90,000 per month range for a decent place.

Bare in mind that the definition of unfurnished is completely different than what you would expect in the States or most other places. Unfurnished means no air-conditioning units, no appliances, nothing. Just bare walls and floors.

If you are willin to live to a Chinese standard then you could get a two or three bedroom place in a convenient area of the city for between NT 35,000 to NT 45,000 per month. It might take some looking, but they can be found.

Typhoonpilot