PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Record Profit.
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2005, 04:44
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
And furthermore, one minute QF is "Australia's Flag Carrier" and the next it is a "Global Airline".

Global my a**! Anyone care to compare the fleet sizes and routes of QF compared to any other line?

Lets face it, QF is a tiny niche player in the marketplace, one that is entirely protected from real "Global" airlines by a Government totally Sydney-centric to the detriment of every other Australian who doesn't live in Sydney. You simply pretend to be a force in the international marketplace. United probably scrap more aircraft in one year than the entire QF fleet.

Good management? QF gets to extract an extra billion dollars from the wallets of Australians when every other airline in the world - real "Global" airlines, is barely making money! Is that good management? Well I suppose it is, If management is about licking the private parts of government ministers to maintain your market share at the expense of consumers.

We would all be better off if QF was told to f&*^ off and we had open skies. Then at least the inbound tourism markets would open up, instead of everyone being dragged kicking and screaming through Sydney.

You make me sick.