PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE
Thread: NEWCASTLE
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2005, 13:50
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably having to wait until Servisair invest in enough ground equipment to handle the extra aircraft first, seeing as they can't even manage the 6 we currently have.
Absolutely totally agree. Had the miss fortune to be on Monday nights GVA inbound.
First mess, aircraft parks on stand next to terminal in what is now domestic. Result can't walk to terminal (10 yards !) got to wait for bus for scenic tour.
Second mess, opened two doors & could only muster up only one bus ! (after 7 minutes of shut down), which took the front half of passengers. The other half sitting in rear may still be there for all I know!
I appreciate that its down to the airport rather than Serviceair, but I've constantly made the point that NCL, for a "top 10" UK airport with passenger levels approaching 5 Million, it is totally unacceptable to have only 2 air brigdes.
This fragmented parking issue of international vs. domestic area is not something new, it used to happen regularly on the evening BHX inbound when I was commuting, albeit one hardly required 2 buses, yet still often took considerable time for one to arrive to transport 15 persons 15 yards !
Also incredibly there are supporters on this thread that suggest that the parking facilities are adequate & that the "numbers stack up". But as said it's not simply the numbers but appropraite available areas.
I'm awaiting with interest as to how they are to deal with AA. Without airbridges, with the secure areas now required for US aircraft then this may present more problems ?