PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After 3 months of looking got my first airline job.... AND I TURNED IT DOWN
Old 18th Aug 2005, 13:36
hazehoe
5K Fund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks to me your not only paying for the TR, the "pool" thing is anybody's best guess.

letter,

--------We are pleased to invite you to our pilot recruitment day at the Holiday Inn Hotel at Runcorn on Thursday 25th August commencing at 0900hrs local. Directions are attached.

During this open day we will tell you more about the operations of Emerald Airways and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions that are relevant to the position you are seeking.

The format of the open day will be a company presentation lasting for up to an hour followed by open question time and completed by way of individual interviews of approximately 15 minutes each. These 15 minute time slots will be allocated on the day.

You will need to bring with you your licence, MCC certificate, log books etc to back up the information supplied with your CV.

The reason for this open day is that we are looking to increase our pool of First Officers on all three fleets for varying bases throughout the UK and Europe. An MCC Course Certificate is essential for all posts. It is expected that those looking to join the BAe 748 fleet will be recruited first with courses for the BAe ATP scheduled for October and November of this year.

Emerald Airways operates a self-sponsored type rating system for all new FO's, the costs of which are outlined below.

BAE ATP £11,000

BAe 748 £10,000

SHORTS SD3-60 £9,000

The course costs include all ground-school training and examination fees as well as all flight training including the LST. In addition the First Aid training, Aviation Security and Dangerous Air Cargo training, Fire and Smoke training and CRM training is covered in these costs. Accommodation if required is not covered in the cost of the course.

Please respond ASAP if you are not able to attend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------