PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 18th Aug 2005, 11:08
Globe2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Virgincrew99 - that's the idea - advocate a strike and bring your Company completely to its knees! I'm sure your colleagues will be delighted when none of you have a job because you've crippled the Company financially.

Do you really think that by rejecting the pay offer the pot of money available magically increases?! If you want the pot of money to increase, you need to do something to bring more into the Company in the first place.

If the crew made more of an effort with duty free sales (and I know they don't), their commission would increase as would the Company coffers. Maybe then you'd have a better case for a larger % increase.

I worked for VAA for MANY years and my partner still does. The salary has always been reasonable in my opinion.

In terms of commuters being on a month standby – have you heard yourself!? THIS IS A BUSINESS – NOT SOMETHING RUN FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF CREW WHO CHOOSE TO LIVE MILES AWAY FROM THEIR PLACE OF WORK. Get a grip!!

You’re saying that you spend on $146 on travelling to and from work and on meals whilst in NY (or wherever else)! Where do you live Mars?! You can eat very well in NY (and healthily to boot) on next to nothing. I think it’s more likely you bring home the $146 and spend $30.

It’s interesting to see that you are only capable of dismissing and belittling people who don’t agree with your viewpoint and have the nerve to call them immature – now that’s rich!

People working for other airlines would kill to have the kind of concessions you have at VAA. £66 for a staff ticket to the states is cheap as chips – with a space available upgrade to either premium or upper thrown in. You can’t afford to use you concessions you say? A quarter of your pay??! Talk about dramatise.

Morale – I have never heard crew in ANY airline say that morale is good. Morale is as much the responsibility of the individual as anyone else. Stop moaning, do something constructive and maybe, just maybe, you’ll feel better. How about getting involved with your union as a rep and see if you can help make a difference – or is this a bit too much effort?

Ultimately you have a choice. If Virgin is not the Company for you, for whatever reason, do your colleagues a favour and leave. Everyone will be happier as a result I am sure, if your moaning on here is anything to go by.