PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACE OF THE BASE!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 19:45
Lu Zuckerman

Iconoclast

Location: The home of Dudley Dooright-Where the lead dog is the only one that gets a change of scenery.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

To: Mark Six

Regarding flying intentionally or inadvertently into IMC neither was the case. The fog would develop in an instant. One second you would be VFR and the next, you would be in fog. Regarding my not being a pilot that is true but the thread is what makes a good pilot. If you and everybody else that has been critical of my post you will find that I stated what I could not respond to and what I could respond to. I nominated Dave Gershowitz because I felt he was the best pilot I had ever flown with. The Coast Guard had a lot of good pilots and I flew with a lot of them. The Coast Guard also had a lot of bad pilots and I had the discomfort of flying with them as well. Regarding what Dave would do under certain situations that would be difficult to ascertain because he died several years ago. I also think that non-flying qualities go into making a good pilot and that is his character. In that area he outshone all of his contemporaries on the base.

To: Nick Lappos

Regarding my comment in my post that you deemed to be anti Semitic the person involved was exactly that. Both Dave and I would joke about the reason for teaming the two of us and in many many occasions when I would talk to my friends in and out of the Coast Guard I would joke about the subject. Accept my comment as a joke in honor of Dave Gershowitz.