PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACE OF THE BASE!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 08:53
MAX Ng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lu....I think you may be getting a little off the track.....I'm not talking about heroics in times of war....there is probably another forum for that.......I'm talking about the difference between good pilots and great pilots. I think the link between a good pilot and a brave pilot is a weak one. Maybe even a dangerous one. You did however raise the issue of EMS pilots refusing a mission. Would a good pilot risk a life to save a life? And lets not forget about his crew and their families. What would their thoughts on this be do you think? Interesting question. I have worked with some good EMS pilots and "Helmet fire" has a point. Situational awareness was and is something that they all possessed. But you can't plan for every situation.....should a great pilot know every emergency proceedure by heart....or is that a dangerous practice. Ok some emergencies require immediate attention from memory but lets give him an inverter failure (for example only.) Should our "ACE" act immediately and start flicking switches, or would he call for the check list? What would your guy do Lu?

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: MAX Ng ]