PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACE OF THE BASE!
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2001, 03:28
MAX Ng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Lu...I guess you have hit at one of the issues that I was talking about. You speak about a guy that sounds like he was tallented. But, I agree with "Out of Balance". Is a pilot that can fly a 47 in IMC a good pilot or a lucky pilot? One thing I will agree with you on is that he sounded like he knew his aircraft well. That has got to be a good thing!
I once asked a very experienced pilot to give me some advice towards my becomming a good helicopter Pilot. He looked me right in the eye and said," All any pilot has to do is get through the first 1000 hrs without killing themselves...then you are well on your way son!" I thought that was good simple advice. I think the first 1000 is where the learning curve is the steepest and where you develop habits and attitudes....good and bad. I guess you just don't know how ignorant and vulnerable you were until you look back. But then on the other side of the coin, you can still read about 10,000 hour pilots killing themselves because of stupid mistakes! In light of that, is attitude more important than hours?

MaxNg!..Good to see that there is another MAX Ng. Hope things don't get too confusing!..I liked what you said about the best pilots being the ones that collect their pension...That is what its all about at the end of the day....Cheers Max Ng!

[ 10 December 2001: Message edited by: MAX Ng ]