PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saluting the ensign.
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2005, 20:23
Collapsar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First post so please forgive any inadvertant transgressions of conventions.

I have lurked on this forum for many many months and have, at last, found a subject that goads me into words. It isn't so much what to wear for SDO duty that winds me up, it is the fact that anyone outside Admin Wg has to do it at all!

Consider, what have you been called out for in the past? I suggest that The raising and lowering of the ensign are ceremonial duties and therefore are a P1 responsibility. Similarly, defaulters are a disciplinary matter, also P1. Faults in MQs are now reported to DHE by occupiers and emergency works services in messes and barrack blocks are a SSS responsibility. All of these are Admin Wg matters. Any personnel matters fall within the P2 purview.

I'm sure that I will be corrected but I can't off the top of my head think of anything that an SDO does that is not either an Admin Wg function or covered by Duty Ops Officer, Duty Supplier etc.

All the other wgs on a Stn have a duty bod to fulfill their out of hours duties, so why does Admin Wg find it necessary to palm off their OOH duty on the rest of us?