PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Crew Pilots License and the future of the CPL instructor
Old 17th Aug 2005, 15:04
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi Crew Pilots License and the future of the CPL instructor

There's been lots of discussion (ok then, a little bit of discussion) over recent months about the proposed Multi Crew Pilot License. But one subject which I don't recall being discussed is how this will affect the career of the CPL instructor.

I accept that the details of the proposed license are a long way from being finalised, but how do the CPL/IR instructors on this forum feel that the introduction of this license will affect their careers? I presume that most CPL/IR instructors have little, if any, multi-crew time. The options, as I see it, are:

1) CPL/IR instructors will be forced to fly for an airline to gain multi-crew experience. After that, they may be able to re-enter the training industry if they desire.

2) There will be some kind of conversion course which will allow existing instructors to teach for the new license.

3) The syllabus for the new license will include sufficient flying on piston aircraft that there will still be plenty of work for existing CPL/IR instructors

4) Most schools will not be able to afford to offer the course, and most candidates will not be able to afford to self-sponsor themselves through the course. Therefore, the existing CPL/IR will still be very much in demand, so no change in the jobs of most CPL/IR instructors.

Are there more options I've missed?

FFF
---------------