PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviance @LPL
Thread: Aviance @LPL
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2005, 00:40
barry lloyd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ALPHA 16/ Magic Buff

...Barrey[sic] lloyd to voice his hostile opinions again

Can you please show me the thread where I voiced hostile opinions previously?

Here are a few examples of incidents that have taken place @ LJLA since the beginning of this year:

1) Baggage left on board an inbound charter flight We all know which one I'm referring to. Aircraft sent to DUS to recover mishandled bags and recover some dignity.
2) Aircraft underwing hit with steps. Aircraft out of service for one month+
3) Area around aircraft baggage door hit with conveyor - aircraft out of action for 48 hours.
3) Continual inability to balance Dash 8 because of ballast issue, causing misunderstandings/recriminations amongst ground staff, thus delaying the aircraft on a number of occasions.
4) Allowing pax to board aircraft when there is an aircraft taxying in on an adjacent stand. This is a total no-no at every other airport where I have worked. Imagine if a child, frightened by the noise, or the sight of the aircraft, ran towards the engine and breached the two-metre rule...doesn't bear thinking about, does it?
Now, if you read the post carefully, you will realise that with the exception of item 3, I have not mentioned anything which involves either of the major ground handling agents at LJLA. I have the greatest respect for the Aviance staff not just @ LPL, but at other airports too, and I have myself worked for Servisair, but not at LPL.
Perhaps you are being over-sensitive. There are more organisations involved in running an airport than the handling agents...
I hope this clarifies the position.