PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 16th Aug 2005, 23:26
Pegasus747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A room with a view

I dont often comment in here but do like to read the thread from time to time.

I dont like to be too critical of the FAAA or its official coz i dont think that i could do a better job. but i do call them now and then and talk about the issues. i have called the union many times over the last 20 odd years and no matter who is in there always have been listened to and given respect and i have always given them the same courtesy.

The only thing we have to remember as crew is that these ppl put themselves up for election and offer themselves to us, they are not forced upon

I for one wouldnt want the job, it would be a thankless task in extremely difficult times. The easiest thing for AS and MM to do would be the popular thing and say no to everything that Qantas wanted. Perhaps that would result in them being heralded as the champions of the little guy in this forum, but what woud the long term effect of that be for us crew....I just dont know..

The one thing i do hope is that f/a's get behind our union and support them and trust that as flight attendants themselves (granted on the ground atm) they have information that we dont and are doinng what they honestly believe is the RIGHT thing to protect us.

I hope my trust is not misplaced , i have a mortgage and kids in school. I dont think it is as they havent let me down yet. LHR base was enevitable as soon as there was no CAP of overseas based crew. At least we have one now.

GUys in here please!!! If you have a strategy to make our jobs more secure why dont you outline it to the FAAA or even in here..i for one would like to hear it. If your strategy is just to whinge and moan and critisize then i dont think that will make my job any more secure. If its just to say no to everything that QAntas wants in productivity i dont think thats a longer term solution either.

I like the discussions in here but please let try to be constructive and remember we are all crew first and foremost and not turn on each other like a pack of mangy dogs. It breaks my heart to see us turning on each other like this, It would warm the cockles of Kylies heart i am sure