PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doncaster/Finningley (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2005, 22:00
MrDearne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrDearne,whoever is giving you the inside information from DSA,either does not know or is misleading you. That I can promise.

Terrywillcox

Don't try and discredit me Mr Wilcox.

I assume that you are the same Terry Wilcox who stood as mayor a few year ago...the airport champion, or his son maybe?
If so I am surprised you are reverting to these put down tactics.

When Peel acquired a 50% stake in Sheffield City Airport the general consensus was that Peel would make a go of it. There was a degree of optimism in Sheffield. Maybe you have connections with Peel or work for Peel Terry? If so have a word with the Pakey chap whom I believe oversaw the transition, and if I remember rightly he was making positive sounds in the newspapers….or someone associated with the airport certainly was. Granted it was struggling prior to Peel’s intervention, but even in 2001 Peel was gaining a reputation from what they were doing at Liverpool, and a few thousand Sheffieldites believed they would see development and European destinations from their airport. What went on after, computer records etc, I don’t know.
Of course MAG would’ve opposed the development…least of all because they were/are major shareholders of HUY.
As for connections within DSA….I can only wish............As for information I can wheedle out of ex colleagues, acquaintances and people employed in companies who have dealings with the airport, providing it doesn't compromise them, I usually put it on these boards. Far be it for me to suggest it's all kosher or complete, but then if it was, I wouldn't be eagerly awaiting news of new developments on these boards would I ?