PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at ETIHAD?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2005, 19:21
flynbyu

Everyone knows in Flt OPs GR ranked higher then HW, hence the deputy. Apparently HW will be staying on by invitation of the CEO.

How was it you would have liked EY to have handled the change, maybe sent out a ballot and we the troop could vote to power our new leaders? No really going to happen.

== I never mentioned anything about casting votes, the only thing I thought was done in poor taste was the message the company has sent out to the company as a whole and its affiliates as to how a highly visible position of VP leaves with no thank you from the company. I have seen others leave also on bad terms but the company always had enough tact to thank someone for there services via an all company email. The image given by the CEO's office over this matter has actually upset a fair number of people and also worry a lot of people within the company who are not insiders in the politics involved. 98% of the work force has no idea of the internal politics of upper management and the CEO has just come off looking basically like a tyrant.

The CEO has been around for longer then 24 hours. I am not damming anyone. Not the new VPO, he hasn't been around long enough for anyone to draw conclusions.

My post is more about how the CEO has conducted himself and his image to the company with how it was all handled. He just didn't come out looking like the wonderful approachable, open CEO he claimed in his welcoming as you must also remember even though you pilots are essential to an airline you are not the only department and his image goes across the whole company. so while one department maybe be very pleased there is actually about 10 otherdepts where alot of us people are saying WTF just happened.

Either way karma has a funny way of sneaking up on people.

Last edited by flynbyu; 17th Aug 2005 at 02:51.