PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes at ETIHAD?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2005, 17:49
flynbyu

People say the new VPO is a nice guy to work with, but in reality what are people going to say when they are worried for there jobs and the VPO got his posting in a pretty downright ruthless way instigated by himself and 2 others.

Only time will tell whether it was a power struggle just for the trophy title or if his interests are actually in the airline.

Not even one public word for the work WB and GR have done for Etihad. I do think that was a bad show on the CEO and Flt Ops department. They seem to have forgetten the work that they actually did do and have just focused on old stewing rivileries. The way it was handled is also a nice clear indication as to the ruthlessness of the new CEO and upper management. If they can remove a VP and his deputy in less then 24 hours without anything more then an email stating one has resigned for better opportunities and being replaced effective immediately and no mention of his deputy going shows nothing but a lack of class.

As much as many people didn't think much of the two who have left, Etihad handled it very poorly, which like I said gives a wonderful insight as to how the CEO operates.

I don't think it necessairly means a bright and rosey future for Etihad. To me it looks as though it will be the same sh*t different pile.