PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best GA company'?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2005, 11:36
Night Watch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horatio Leafblower Are you on drugs? In 13 years in Aviation Alligator Airways would have to be the wost GA company I ever worked for. Unless it has changed (has been quite a few years since i worked there) here are a few things you may want to know about this company! Flight and duty times..... there is no such thing in there book. Sure you keep a record of them (actuate or not), but you are still required to be there in the hangar at 8 till 5 even if you are not working. This according to the boss that doesn't count towards duty time! I often worked from 5am till 7pm 6 days a week. Was "invited" back for the next season, but decided my health and the safety of my pax where more important. Dangerous goods...... we all know they can bring a aircraft down if not packaged and carried right, but maybe someone should tell Alligator that! Maintainence.... only allowed to write up a defect in the MR after first checking with the chief engineer.

As I said it has been a long time since I worked there, and to the sake of those in the employ at the moment, I hope things have changed.

Don't prostitute yourself with doggie operations (in general), I left after 8 months and life didn't come to an end. I got another job, then another..... and eventually ended up in a major.

Be sure to stand up for yourself and the safety of those you are responsible for!