PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 15th Aug 2005, 22:45
shortm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just like to clarify that I am neither "immature" nor "brain washed" as a previous poster has claimed

To consider someone immature because they do not agree with you is, well for want of a better word - immature. I have not been brain washed I am simply stating that for me, I would rather have more time off and a lower salary. Virgin is a business that is out to make money, we can not expect to have 2 days rostered off after every trip if we are demanding higher salaries - that is certainly well above the CAA Cap 371 requirements. My concern is that by demanding higher salaries the company will start to erode some of our "lifestyle agreements" that are currently in place.

With regards to having consideration for my colleagues who commute - guess what ... I commute !!! However, when I was offered the position with Virgin I was told that the job was based at LGW/LHR and therefore I can not expect the company to cover my costs for travelling, accom during SEP etc. It is my choice to live where I do and the company should not be expected to take this into consideration. They could very easily turn round, like many companies do, and state in the contract that you must live within 1hr 45 mins of the airport.

Okay, I've made my point. Probably better not look at this thread again so I don't get embroiled in a heated debate