PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 15th Aug 2005, 22:22
Virgin82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK LETS GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS!

Now then Now...................................................

Ok I have been at Virgin for 3 years. I have read everyones comments and I agree with you all, and respect your views.

HOWEVER, I enjoy my job a lot and I like working for the company in general.
Yet, our economy is soaring and things are expensive. You go to work to pay the bills and put food on the table.

There for I think all we are asking our company is to move with inflation and our booming economy.

Our allowences are not allowed to be included in our mortgage proposals as they are tax free and are regulated by HM inland revenue.

I am not complaining, but as in any profession (and becoming crew is now a profession) you have the right to ask for a pay increase. Fire Fighters, Doctors, Nurses etc. I should know I was a nurse.

I only work 85 hours a month and for that I get 865 per month that works out at ten pounds and 17 pence an hour!! That not bad, but as a full time wage it is not amazing, but ok.

So I think it is ok to vote for more money and there is no right or wrong answer.

But the percentage rate offered is not moving with our economic growth. Some of you say leave?!?! Why should we?!?! It would be giving up. In any job you strive to get a pay rise. So lets work with it and see what happends!?!?

Dont loose your tempers, we all have our reasons and own opinions! So lets wait and see.

Happy landings GUYS!!! XX