PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 15th Aug 2005, 11:11
Dozza2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too much radiations:

actually the SSP sim ride is a little different!

I did mine 3 days after passing my IR, got a phone call whilst in sainsbury's asking me to be in the next day. so i wasn't MCC and had zero jet time.

You are on your own, its single pilot with a few MCC 'moments' thrown in if you ask for it, but for me and mates of mine it sometimes comes down to the examinar. He sits in the right hand seat, you in the left and can finely tune N1's when you are on finals and ID beacons etc.

they took into account that i'd never touched a jet ever before. they let you have 15 mins of playtime first as well just so its not all completely new.

an advantage for you is that once you have the IR, doing it close after will mean that your scan is Sh*t hot, and the main instruments are pretty similar to seneca's so not much adjusting of the old scan needed.

a little tip, the 1-11 doesn't like to slow down.....ever. I just came off seneca II's which behaved in the opposite manner! If i remember right, i intercepted the glidepath at 170kts, it was a challenge to stabalise that 1!
good luck

d2k