PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ozjet
Thread: Ozjet
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2005, 10:09
Legal_Counsel

Devil Seriously what is my Agenda

What accountants? Some MBA graduate is doing all the work presumably. No accountant would be stupid enough to think of such an absurd entry into the market. And they wouldn't dare ask for more than $25/hour.

I guess I find it amusing how people dream about the future success of an airline which has no visible business plan. If you read the Melbourne Herald Sun on 12 August 05, Ozjet is now ready to buy the Ansett hangars. Now I am sure that is in the plan...and who will they ask to pay for that?

Now where were we $400 + super, electricity, rent, hangars, .... Sounds like about $800 return for a starter. + accountants + lawyers....their owner can't even manage to win a race! (or sell the racing business).

Sorry, got a bit side tracked there. Yes, the engine noise and the pollution. They should keep their grotty engines out of here, we Sydney folk are clean people.

Now, if our good wannabe has money to buy hangars, I am sure it has the money to operate cleaner and quieter aircraft. What on earth does Ozjet need so many hangars for? That place looks like it could take 8-12 jets at once. Fleet size 2 ? Is it expecting some breakdowns or does it think it can get them for a couple of million? I think a few people out there would be quite happy to pay in the order of $100 mil and it aint gonna be Ozjet. A quiet 737-300 costs less than $US10 mil. Take note of the comment by Mr Stoddart that he has something of lesser "value" in the UK. Well, maybe the Ansett hangars are "fantastic" literally.