PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Unofficial Strike ( Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2005, 12:47
italianjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revman,

I was not doubting your figures, just trying to say I only have one source... (bit of a topic, single source... Sorry! Crap joke)

I am sure on a global level LSG would eventually be able to supply, as you rightly say the supply for LH/AF is already there. My question is aimed at LHR. You could sell the business of GG to LSG if it went bust, but the workers would be the same people. If the solution is to change personel, how do you go about this at LHR, surely in a sale of business the people and hence the unions would still be in place?

Could LSG supply BA from Germany, I imagine it would take up an awful lot of cargo space.

If GG were let to go to the wall, the equipment capacity is obviously there. Then you have the question of training new employees to use the equipment and prepare the meals.

Personally I can't see any caterers being able to help out an operation the size of BA from inside the UK, in the short term.

Although off on a tangent, I love the BBC website, quoting someone as saying that BA should have planned for this... LOL! Is that like saying car manufacturers should pay for an AA van to drive behind each of us in case we breakdown?