PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson Safety Courses
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2001, 06:46
baranfin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I really don't want to get involved in this but I would like to say my opinion on this subject. Regarding the 18 deg. offset. I do not understand the intricacies of this, but if it is indeed the reason the 22 doesn’t like out of trim flight, it’s in the POH. So therefore the only time I am out of trim is when I'm 30 feet off the deck on aprch/depart. The same thing goes for zero-g; I avoid anything that would put me in that situation like the plague. The reason for this is, as I understand it, the onset of zero-g and mast bump is extremely quick and violent, I don’t believe that I would react correctly. And to the fact that Robinson helicopters is trying to cover up their mistakes and shortcomings? I don't doubt it; I could understand why they want to cover this up (that doesn’t make it right). It’s the bottom line, that’s why all helicopters aren’t dual engine as well, and why I am training in an R-22 instead of a S-60. I’ll let you guys argue whether or not the 22 is more susceptible to MB than other teetering head copters, while I try and avoid the stuff that’ll bury me.

[ 06 November 2001: Message edited by: baranfin ]